Pages

Thursday 19 March 2015

What I Know About Pregnancy

Before I even get started, and without sabotaging my own post and giving you the dreaded spoiler alert. But the answer is... Nothing. I know absolutely nothing.


I can however give you a run down of what it's been like for me so far.


1.  The ever so boring adage of pregnancy is different for everyone is true.

I am EX-HAUS-TED. Exhausted. If you give me half a second I will fall asleep. I have fallen asleep at my desk on more than one occasion. My boss even sent me home one day because I was finished. I was completely unable to function whatsoever. I've had numerous people tell me, "oh I didn't have morning sickness once" I say "oh shut up"


2.  To be very honest, for the most part, I have hardly been present during the first few weeks of this pregnancy. Probably due to many reasons, but mostly because I am completely paranoid, due to past experience. I wonder about every ache and pain.


I need to become more focused and present, I always said I only ever wanted one child. If this is going to be my one and only pregnancy, I want to enjoy it. I want to be excited. I probably will only be really excited in the second trimester though, if I must be honest.


3. You will be emotional and sometimes just plain crazy. I am emotional about a lot of things. I cry over random things. Like pregnancy insomnia. I also cry watching YouTube videos and I cry reading other peoples blogs.


4.  You will get chubby. I have gotten chubby. My butt has grown considerably in a short space of time. I think it's the bread. I do have a small belly already. Yesterday I had a conversation with a colleague and while we were all joking around I asked "is this a chubby belly, or is it a pregnant belly?" she promptly replied, it's very much a pregnant belly. (I was wondering if I would be able to hide it from my MD. I have yet to tell him)


5.  You will feel like you need to have a glorious poop... All.The.Time.


6.  You will have a variety of symptoms. Some days, one symptom a day, other days all the pregnancy symptoms of all the lands will be upon you. I want to talk about a few of them.


6.1  Sore boobs: - Your boobs wont always hurt. Not every day. Some days are worse than others, but tomorrow it is very highly likely that your boobs will not be sore in any way, questioning the very existence of said pregnancy.


6.2  Morning Sickness:-  this one is a real doozy. Whoever coined it Morning sickness, clearly had NO clue. I am nauseous 24/7. Even when I sleep. The physically getting sick part is something else.
I tried to explain it to someone earlier. It feels like I am a tube of toothpaste and I am being squeezed from the bottom up. The contents come out slowly and with great difficulty. This makes me more nauseous and then I throw up more. I don't know if it is because my digestive tract has slowed down and the muscles by the stomach and oesophagus are also more relaxed now, but it is most unpleasant. Except for about 5 minutes ago, I got sick here at work. This vomit was the real deal.

6.3 Food aversions and cravings: I don't really crave anything. Except for Steers chips and BBQ sauce. I can happily eat the sauce out the little sachet. As for food aversions, my love for Chinese food is fast dwindling because everything for some reason smells like Chinese and this is upsetting me greatly. I also cannot stomach the thought of eating chicken at the moment. The smell of KFC in the air is nasty!


All these symptoms? Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment