Pages

Monday 9 March 2015

Morning Sickness

Today I want to talk about morning sickness.


In my last post I had mentioned that I was suffering from a little nausea but otherwise I haven't had much in the way of actual morning, afternoon, evening, all day sickness.


Well now don't I just feel like a liar.


This weekend I found myself aimlessly wondering around the house from bed to fridge to couch to bed to fridge to couch, you get the picture. I absolutely did not know what to do with myself and the unbearable nausea. I couldn't decide if I was ravenous or if my stomach wanted to turn itself inside out. Sunday was the worst and where it normally subsides by 5 or 6pm, the urge to projectile across the country, stayed with me well into the late hours. After breaking land speed records to get to the toilet all I managed was dry heaving... and lots of it. It was not pretty.


The toy poms seem to be very confused with this behaviour and are constantly by my side. The look of concern on Nikki's face is priceless.


I've been trying to summarize my thoughts on the following facts:


*  Nausea
*  The actual act of throwing up
*  Dry heaving


Needless to stay, dry heaving is hot on the tails of nausea and really is pushing for 1st place. The act of throwing up, although not pleasant, beats feeling like you're on a non-stop rollercoaster with a very full yet very empty stomach.


After I lost my first child, I always vowed I would take the bad with the good. Which I am, because, well, I have no option to be quite honest. But living on flat coke and salt and vinegar crisps isn't fun or nutritious. Right now, until I go back to the gynae, I really have no choice. I'm a lot bit paranoid of just taking anything.


Morning sickness is not for sissies. This business is open and its flourishing. I just want to crawl into bed and cry a little whimper and not have to torture myself with everyones food in the office that smells like Chinese. I'm not sure if it's because 2 weeks ago we had Chinese, and now I'm sub-consciously put off, or if because if the chick in hardware sales is eating Chinese flavoured popcorn, or if it's because I am actually craving Chinese.


Although I'd really like a lamb tikka right about now

1 comment:

  1. So glad you're going to be blogging about your journey!
    Sorry about morning sickness, really not fun. There are some prescription meds that ease it, chat to your doc!
    Thinking of you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete