Pages

Monday 4 May 2015

Weekend Round-Up and a Quick Review (also maybe some cartoon boobies)

I was busy with a post on Thursday then got the dreaded family emergency phone call, calling me away from "work" (I say that loosely). So I'll save that one for another day and do a round-up of the last of the long weekends activities and purchases for the next 2 months (boo-hoo).

It's always nice to have an extra half a day to the already long weekend, but not when you have to spend it at the emergency room, and then the ICU. Although, I didnt actually spend it in the ER. You don't know what kind of lurgees are hanging around there, and with an immune system that is already functioning at minimum capacity I decided to send my well wishes with family and waited outside instead. I was however allowed into the ICU which brought back a thousand flashbacks of my life 4 years ago.

The guy in the bed next door was having a blood transfusion, which was quite sick and yet facinating to watch at the same time. Call me weirdo if you must.

I will say however, looking around to see every bed in the ICU was full, there was even an isolation room with someone in there that didn't move once while we were there, makes you take stock of your life and it gives you an opportunity to be thankful and grateful for your health. I'm thankful for my health and I'm thankful for the blessed opportunity I have to grow life.

Friday doesn't have much to report. I felt almost guilty for the fact that pajamas, movies and rest were the order of the day.... But, rest we did and I was all the better for it the following day.

Disappointment

Shawn and I went shopping for a camping cot and pram on Saturday. Although, we still walked away empty handed, after I said that I first want to see what there was on offer and if there were any discounted items that we might find at the Baba Indaba that was taking place this weekend. We had planned this outing for Sunday. Woke up Sunday morning and my gut told me just to check the website. Lo and behold it was cancelled.



I had joined their Facebook page a while back to be kept updated of any happenings, yet none of their posts show in my feed, so I missed the post that states 4 days before the event that it had been cancelled. Apparently I wasn't the only one who hadn't seen that post. People were furious to say the least. Driving all the way to the expo to find an empty exhibition hall. This is was also the second show this year that was postponed/cancelled. Very bad planning to say the least.



So I decided to then spend Sunday with my parents. Not before painting my nails with this sexy colour!



We met at Irene Mall, had something to eat at Mugg & Bean (the family go to restaurant), ooohed and aaahed over baby items at Naartjie Kids (As per Nana,WILL be wearing outfits from there - 16 weeks and already spoilt) and shopped for bunnies for the babies room, ate bubblegum ice-cream and then decided to drive to Woodlands Boulevard to do more shopping.

I remembered while we were out that I need more facial wash but also wanted a scrub because my skin has taken a bit of a turn for the worse over the last few weeks. It's looking very dry and I have a lot of little pimples sprouting a long the jaw line as well as tiny bumps on my neck and chest.

Review

For those that have read my previous blogs will know that I have always been a fan of the African Extracts Rooibos range and have been using that for quite a few years now. I'm also not one to change my facial products too much as it does have an adverse reaction on my skin. Rather the devil you know and all that. However, because I felt that with all the changes going on I really neeeded something different, and I needed a scrub desperately. But. there's always a but, I am not a fan of those very grainy hard scrubs, It makes my skin feel sore, red and blotchy. Then I spotted the Rooibos and Anti-Oxidants 3 in 1 Facial Cleanser from the Clicks Skincare Collection. It claims to:

- Cleanse Skin
- Gently Exfoliates
- Helps to remove make-up

Also, it was cheap as chips and was price at R37.99

Sold!




The Verdict (after one use only) 

I quite liked it. The exfoliating beads were a lot more grainy than the African Extracts cleanser, but they were not hard. It didnt feel like a was rubbing course sea sand on my skin and it felt like my face, neck and chest had a good cleaning. This cleanser is also gentle enough that you can use it daily.

I also bought the Rooibos and Anti-Oxidants travel/trial pack with a Facial Wash Cream, Toner, Day Cream and Night Cream to sample before buying the complete range and not being entirely happy with it. I probably wont be using the facial wash cream, I've never been fond of that type of cleanser. I bought it mainly for the toner and moisturisers. If anyone wants a cream cleanser, mail me and you can have it!



Note to self (and to others)

Do not drink the toner which smells just like peach iced tea. Very yummy for the face indeed. I decided to use the night cream this morning instead of day cream for a thicker coverage seeing as they my skin has been so dry lately. So far, I'm happy. A small amount goes a long way. It wasnt too thick and blending it in was a breeze and it left my skin feeling moisturised.

All in all, not a lot of money spent and still I'm left feeling suitably satisfied. Thanks Clicks.

Did You Know?

You can use nipple cream for many things other than just nipples.Yes, yes you can. I started getting this crack on the side of my mouth. Goodness knows what caused it but it was flippen sore. Nothing was clearing it and Shawn suggested nipple cream. I laughed him off and then went to Dischem to get something else. The lady behind the counter fully agreed with nipple cream and or baby bum cream and sent me on my way.



It started healing in 2 days. Can you imagine that.



Nipple cream for the win then.

2 comments:

  1. Haha love the boobie cartoon!
    YES, nipple cream is the best for all sorts of things, here's another tip: use on dry cuticles, or dry cracked heels! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nipple cream for the win! I used it religiously as a lip balm - had forgotten I did that. Breast milk is also a winner for all little niggles by the way, breast milk was the only thing that got rid of an eye infection Layla had when she was an infant. Boobies are amazing apparently ;)

    ReplyDelete