Pages

Wednesday 13 May 2015

[DIY] - The Godfather - An Offer You Can't Refuse

I haven't blogged this week yet... Mainly because I'm lazy, not because of any pressing commitments or anything like that.

My days at work are so unproductive lately, it bores me to tears, so by the time I get home I can't be bothered to do anything. I suppose I could blog during working hours (like I normally do) but then on Monday I got stuck into a book and y'all know that goes. 

Anyway, last weekend was Mothers Day, so we spent the day at my parents house, lunching and lounging and while we were there I decided to use the opportunity to ask my brother if he would be Jared's godfather. 

After lunch and dessert, while everyone was still sitting around the table, I gave him a jar filled with blue and white sweets with a note attached.    

I went to the Crazy Store since they normally have a variety of jars to choose from, but on this specific occasion I was wrong, so I popped into PEP Stores (you can find anything in there for next to nothing) and I found a jar for R14.99. What's not to love about that price.

Then I went shopping for white and blue sweets. Marshmallows filled the jar nicely and then I just added in the blue. I had to fish the blue and white mini marshmallows out from all the pink, yellow, green and orange ones. A tedious task that made me feel a little nauseous with that sweet aroma wafting up my nostrils, but it was a labour of love so it's all good. I added in some blue lollipops and sherbert and chocolate bars with blue wrapping. Then I found a blue and green dummy to finish it off. 

Wrapped it up with some string and washi tape, added the poem I created and et voila!!!

The time has come  
It is no myth
Soon to join us, is, 
Jared Daniƫl Smith

Where a love for the Lord
Overflows from your heart
A precious gem you can impart

So with this, I come to you rather, 
asking if you will be 
my little boys godfather

This has been such a surreal experience to share with my family and I am so overwhelmed with the amount of support I have received from them. I absolutely do have the best parents and brother and there is no doubt that my little brother is the right man for the job! 

                                       

     

      



Happy Wednesday Everyone!






2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is so special, what a clever idea!
    The poem is beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete