Pages

Saturday 4 April 2015

[Feature] Guest Post


You guys,  I am so excited about this guest post. One of my favourite reads is Live, Laugh, Love – written by the beautiful Mom of two, Wife of one, skin care therapist to many, Jessica Viljoen.  A completely fresh and open hearted blog bursting with love and sincerity. Jess documents her life as a wife and mother with the cutest pictures of her two gorgeous girls, Mia and Ella, and writes the most heart-warming letters to her children. I may or may not have cried on more than one occasion. In hindsight I started getting more teary in the beginning of the year every time I read one of her posts. Now we know why! I've gotten to know Jess on more than just a blogging level and it is such an honour to know someone with the most kind and gentle heart and soul. I am absolutely thrilled that she agreed to share a bit of her life here with me
1.  How did you get into blogging?
I’ve always loved keeping a diary or journal of some sort.  When I fell pregnant with Mia in January 2010, I decided that I wanted to document the journey of pregnancy and motherhood.  Here’s my very first couple of posts: http://blogs.parent24.com/jessicaviljoen/2010/01/.
I moved over from the parent24 blogging platform, to Blogger, after about two years, and have continued there ever since: http://jessv83.blogspot.com/
2. If a child walked up to you asking for advice and you only had a few minutes to give them your best tip, what would it be?
To always be gentle and kind to all people and animals. To have respect and be friendly.  And if anything ever feels wrong or just not right, say so, loudly! Have fun – enjoy every little moment, and laugh out loud often.
3. You’re a skin care therapist, what is your one go to product and a must in your daily regime?
Oooh it’s hard to choose just one. My current favourite is Vitaderm’s Intensive Hydrating Serum. It instantly nourishes my skin and gives it a boost. I love that it is so versatile, you can use it under your moisturiser, use it as a mask, or sleep with it on overnight!
4. If you had the ability to go back in time and change one thing in your life you weren’t happy with, what would it be and what would you do to change it?
I would have been kinder to kids at school with me… I often think back to how self-absorbed I must have been, nonchalant, indifferent and detached.  If I could go back to being 16 again, I would make more of an effort to be interested in people, caring and helpful. I hope to instil these positive qualities in my daughters…
5. You’re a mom on the fly – what is your quickest yet most nutritious meal you can slap together for the family.
A quick and easy dinner that the whole family enjoys is doing roast chicken and roast veggies in the oven, with rice.  Another one is grilled steaks and oven chips. My favourite is chicken curry in coconut milk on sweet potato mash, yum!  A beef stew in the slow-cooker also always goes down well!
6. Parenting is not easy, you are blessed to have a hands on husband. If you could give any advice to single moms or dads out there, what pearls would you share?
Just this week I’ve had two nights where hubby had to work late and I had to do the whole dinner, bath, bed routine on my own… and then I realise just how lucky I am to have such a hands-on hubby who really helps me a lot.  Advice to single parents: Plan ahead… meal plan, activity plan, prepare bathroom and bedrooms ahead of time… be in a routine that the kids get to know and expect…
7. If you have time to read a book? What would we find you with?
This weekend I strolled through a bookshop, longingly looking at all the books… I have not opened a book since second baby was born, and she’s almost a year old! I will read again, one day…  So for now, if I’m reading anything at all, it will be catching up on blogs online! I have a list of my favourite blogs on the right hand side of my blog.
8. Now that you have Mia and Ella, is you little family complete? Or would you consider adding one or two more to the pack?
This little family is complete! I am so in love with my two little girls – they’re wonderful and special and perfect.

Head on over there, and if you're a soft emo like me, take some tissues with.

3 comments:

  1. Ah this is so awesome my friend, thanks for doing a feature on me! Yay! ♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for agreeing to do this post. It was so much fun and I just love having a little piece of you and L.L.L on my blog! (in a non stalkerish way of course)

      Delete
  2. Awesome! Nice guest post Jess.

    ReplyDelete